What is This Custom URL All About?
A URL is human-readable text that helps to identify the content on a web page. All SpeakerMatch profile pages are located under this URL structure: https://www.speakermatch.com/profile/
Your custom URL is the part that follows that structure, in this format:
Setting your SpeakerMatch Custom URL will provide you with a unique web address for your SpeakerMatch profile. So, when planners come across your profile or you want to share your profile, there will be a nice, clean web address.
Benefits of a Custom URL
- URLs are helpful to search engines when ranking web pages. By using simple keywords, names, and phrases they can better understand the content of the page.
- A good URL will help people to better anticipate where a link will lead and what they'll see after they click the link.
- A memorable is easy to share in blog and social media posts, on business cards and marketing materials, and even over the phone or other oral communication methods!
Tips for Creating a Perfect Custom URL
- Keep it simple, and not too long.
- Make it easily memorable.
- Use all lowercase letters. It will be most likely be displayed as all lowercase no matter what you enter.
- Other than a hyphen (-), do not use punctuation marks, spaces, or non-English characters.
- Be sure others will not easily misspell it.
- In most cases, your name with a hyphen between the first and last name (i.e., firstname-lastname) is perfect.
- If you have an identifiable brand name or are associated with something like a well-known book title, you can use that. Because you can't later change the custom URL, though, be sure the name makes sense for the future.